Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5th of July

the celebration continued...
We all slept in a bit as we were out late the night before. James had to work today (i know bummer) so while he was out doing his thing, I got the kids ready and we went to costco! I know exciting. When we got down to the car (did i mention we live on the 3rd floor?? yeah.. we do. not my favorite)  I decided to take pictures of the kids! Abby looked so festive! I love this holiday and usually get the kids new outfits but didn't get around it it. I got abby her festive necklaces and that's it!
They didn't cooperate as you can tell, but i tried.

my sweet abigail...

my two boys... they are really becoming best buds
i love it.
can't get all 3 to ever look at the same time!
i love parkers 'fake' smiles. haha
i tell him to just sit there and keep smiling while I'm trying to get the other 2

i even bribed them with fruit snacks....
it didn't work because they just got mad i wouldn't open them!
I just go for individual shoots now... it is still hard!
adam can't hold still for a second!
going to COSTCO
Pretty sure they made costco carts for people that have twins... my opinion:)
or at least for moms that have multiple kids.. ha
kids love going and this time i think we pretty much had lunch stopping at all the free test tables!

We hung out at our apartment the rest of the afternoon, coloring and trying to stay busy. There were activities going on at the park and i was adoment in taking them all myself! I was just worried that I'll loose one of them through all the crowd! so i waited, and waited for James to get home! ha. so our night started late. We went to dinner at CHAMPS right around the corner from our apartments, fun place food was good.  Abigail spotted a few balloons floating around and we weren't going to hear the end of it until she got one, so we asked for a balloon, well not one balloon SIX! you can't get one kid a balloon and not the rest! so you can imagine 6 balloons flying around while your are trying to eat... ha. It kept them entertained though and they had lots of fun!

The guys had bought fireworks for us to shoot off ourselves... Parker was SO excited as that is all he talked about the night before! We went to a high school and before 10 minutes passed a cop showing up and told us we'd be fined if we kept going... guess you can't do fireworks at schools or parks ha! So we headed back to the apartment... and started our own show! hoping we wouldn't get kicked out again..


First Firework that we set off- Abby started SCREAMING! she was fine with the fireworks the night before, but i guess up close she is NOT a fan! She would hold on to me for dear life! Adam started doing the same thing. So we put them in their stroller and put them pretty far back. It was late, and they were very tired, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it, but they would scream or cry every time the LOUD ones went off! It was sad. Poor little Sam, the youngest little one, was shaking most of them time! poor kids, fireworks are scary!
I've always LOVED fireworks, sparklers are my fav, so we did those a lot with the kids. I think Parker, Noah and even Morgan's favorite were the roman candles that you hold and they would shoot off! they'd laugh every time. They loved holding them
pop-its!!! another favorite of mine.
Parker loves these and walked around forever. 
I put some on the ground and Adam and him had fun stomping on them

poor girl. Once we were done shooting off our fireworks.. she calmed down and actually loved doing sparklers! She wanted to hold them herself along with Adam. that made me nervous.
what a fun night
Thanks to the Herrings, we had a fun weekend
not sure what we would do without them here with us!
I was missing being home... but we ended up having a great time!

3 comments:

Cory and Shauntae said...

Cami I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute! It looks like your having a good summer :)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

You have been a blogging FOOL lately! I finally just caught up! Looks like all went decent with the traveling out there! Looks like you guys are enjoying it! Your holiday weekend looked like TONS of fun! Your kiddos are as cute as ever!

McKinna said...

such cute faces!! I LOVE all THREE of 'em!!!