Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hershey Theme Park....

On Monday James Parker and myself went with our Friends Erin and Isaac along with their family to Hershey Park here in Pennsylvania. It is a theme Park (like six flags) and we had LOTS and LOTS of fun! Yeah our husband were "supposed" to be working but we all wanted to go and do something fun!!
We started off taking the kids to a few rides. Parker was excited and it was a little hard for him to wait patiently in line. He’d see kids come out of the exit gate and try to get in that way instead of waiting in line! (what a smart boy!) The first ride was an Hot Air balloon ride that he went on with Morgan. He was excited to go and was laughing on the ride as it went in circles until….. he saw the rocket ship ride next to him and started pointing because he wanted to be on that ride. Apparently the hot air balloon ride wasn't as exciting as the fast moving rockets! It was so funny but he’s just at this phase that when he wants something or wants to go somewhere he thinks it means RIGHT NOW! It’s just great, not really but we deal with it! So obviously that ride was next. James went on it with him and he had a blast! I of course didn’t ride any of the roller coasters but it was fun watching Parker get so excited and laugh throughout the ride! He had so much fun. James loves roller coaster and he had a few picked out that he wanted to ride on. The Parks newest roller coaster introduced this year is called Fahrenheit. So of course James wants to go on it. Yeah I’m not sure if I’d even ride on this pregnant of not! It takes you up 121 feet and then drops you at a 97 degree angle!! He said was awesome, I think he‘s crazy! While him and Isaac waited in that line, Erin and myself took the kids to the water park to get our swim suits on and eat lunch! The water park was fun, it was nice to cool off as it was a very hot day so that part was great. Parker was tired at this point so he wasn’t really interested. He had fun splashing around at the beginning but didn’t care to stay in the water much and just wanted to be held. We put him in his stroller and he feel asleep within minutes and stayed asleep for a couple hours! We walked around, James went on a few more rides for him and we just hung out. Parker woke up and was still pretty tired but wanted to switch shoes because he still had his swim shoes on. Then I had quite the experience with a two year old… let me just write about it….. Sorry It’s long
Well Parker doesn’t really have temper tantrums.... except for today, as he had one at the park! I think it was due to him being hot and tired. Lets just say I tried to change his clothes and he was NOT wanting this to happen. So he started kicking and SCREAMING bloody murder. I wrestled with him to get his swimsuit off and just as I did, he took off running, so he was naked just standing on the grass… People were just staring and I felt like the WORST mom in the world. I felt like I was that parent that couldn't control their kid. So I went and picked him up, and yes, he was still screaming. I finally got him calmed down and I attempted to get him dressed again. He started kicking and screaming (bloody murder again) but I just tried to hold him down and dress him fast. As I got done he took off and went and just stood by the fence and cried. I couldn’t believe how he acted and I couldn’t calm him down, I mean it was a bit harder as I have a big belly poking out and I’m not as fast as I have been... A little while later James came walking towards us, after finishing with his ride, and he could tell something had happened. Parker had stopped crying and so he walked over to James, but then wanted me to hold him. I was like, are you serious? He just threw a fit with me and now wants me to hug him! I said no to him, sat him down next to me with his back towards us and said he was in time out! Well for some reason when James is around and things happen I just start CRYING!! I’m such a ball baby but I couldn’t stop. I told him what happened and he felt bad for me, and sure made me feel better. It was quite an experience! I sure hope that nothing like that ever happens again.

My thoughts:
I have never felt that I could not control my child and it happened… I’ve seen others kids do this and have thought to myself, “how do they scream that long and their parents can’t get them to stop?” Well then it happened to me. I know I won’t be judging others ever again! I was thinking later, and wondered if he would have acted like that if James was around. I think he would have cried but it wouldn’t have lasted near as long. James would have told him to stop and he would have listened! For the most part Parker listens to the both of us but when he cries I can not get him to stop! Parker has always had a little attitude, only wanting to do things when HE wants to do them! I mean this rarely happens (well it has never happened where he has acted this way) and I could say that it was because he was still tried. For the most part he is a happy kid but when he is tired he is sure a grump and doesn't want anything to do with anyone. But I am okay. I didn’t think I’d write about that whole incident but wow I still just can’t believe he acted like that! James went and bought me ice cream and I felt much better!!! (Wow.. I really am pregnant :)
The rest of the day was fun, we went on a few more rides with the kids. The ride of this day was the FROG ride. Parker and Morgan went on it, and I have a video clip so you’ll just have to watch it. It was hilarious. It’s hard to hear them but they LAUGHED the whole time, and loved it so much! It was awesome. We had a great time, besides Parkers little incident, it was a great day! Things happen I guess, but we all had a great time and here are a few pictures for that day.



Frog Hopper Ride...

Parker riding the Carousel.....

2 comments:

Jared and Shalynn said...

I can totally feel for you on the tantrum issue...except Cambree is always like that. Jared and I have actually gotten to the point where we are embarrassed to take her in public because once she starts she doesn't stop. She is the definition of what people are talking about when they say "terrible two's". Who knows where my little angel went! I'm glad everything is still going smoothly with your pregnancy. I bet it's nice getting to see them so much with the ultrasounds!

The Platts said...

I feel for you too! Ever since having Eli, I feel totally out of control of Addie when she's in a bad mood, which unfortunately is fairly often. Its getting better now that we're at the two month point but it was tough. Its been great to be the grocery store with a crying newborn and then have my 3 and a half year old scream her head off becuase she wants some bubble gum. I've learned to just ignore the stares. And like you said, I certainly don't judge other mom's anymore.