Sunday, July 6, 2008

THE 4TH OF JULY....

Since I've been married, we have been away for the summers for James' job. Along with that, he has to work on holidays so James worked on the 4th. Not always so fun for me and Parker because we just wait for him to come home all day, but oh well right! We've done fun things in the past... like watched the fireworks at Huntington Beach in California. In Virginia we had a BBQ, went swimming and watched the fireworks at a golf course laying by the pond. Well this year it happened to RAIN in Philly! yeah... not so fun. But we made the best of it and went to dinner with some friends to Outback Steakhouse, YUM! Then we had heard they were having fireworks at a local High School so we parked our car in a parking lot and watched them from inside our car! It was awesome :) It was just sprinkling so we ended up getting out and letting the kids run around. I think they had more fun splashing in the puddles then watching the fireworks! but it ended up being pretty fun. Of course we ended our night, stopping at DQ and having an ice cream cone! As you can tell in the pictures... Parker wasn't excited for James and Tony trying to eat his! He LOVES his ice cream! So we had a great night, I guess I was just missing the small town parades, games at the park and fireworks with all the family...maybe next year! I do love the 4th of July and I'm lucky to have a husband that tries to make things fun when the weather is crappy! Thanks James!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Hunt Family said...

You look so good. I sure do miss you guys!!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I bet the fireworks are awesome in Philly!

Dave and Natasha said...

You look so good in all your pictures! You're one of those cute pregnant girls who look the same during pregnancy, except get a little belly! So cute! I love how your little boy is such a good mixture of both of you! He's such a cutie!!!

Jake and Chelsi said...

P.S. You look SO GOOD!! If i would have known you weren't prego i would have never thought that you were! Love you all and miss you!

Carolyn said...

Cami! I just got home from vacation and your house is for sale!!! What's going on? I'm so sad :( Cute pictures, you look great!