Monday, January 26, 2009

HOmE By MySeLF FoR a WeeK!!

sorry this is a novel... again, this is my "journal" :)
So for those of you that know, James does summer sales with Alarms. He has done it for a number of years and has done well. He is usually done working in September and gets a few months off until he ONE: gets a part time job or TWO: waits until the next summer! Well with the news of twins... it forever changed our life, I think we are still trying to figure out what to do in life! He decided to try and make it more of a year job instead of just the summer so he'll travel for a week at a time or so and leave me here ALONE with all three kids! okay BIG reason we moved to little Richfield because I will be close to family while he is away! So I don't bore you with all the details.. I haven't really "let" him LEAVE me since the twins were born! This last month though things started getting a little easier and I felt like it would be okay.. so with that said OFF HE WENT!! (actually left 2 weeks ago..just now posting about it!)
I was a little nervous about being home all day/all night with my 3 kids, but I can say that I SURVIVED, and it was okay. Actually it was a successful week and I got a lot accomplished! (sorry babe, you were missed greatly but I do feel like that!) I don't know if it was just that I had to do everything by myself but I finally felt accomplished as I got the twins on a SCHEDULE! I'll be honest I was pretty proud of myself! (Parker has NEVER been on a schedule so I didn't know how to really do that!) but I just got a routine down as I would feed them, then they would play for an hour or so and then I'd lay them down for a nap in their rooms (swings are the BEST invention ever!) and they'd fall right asleep.. for the most part that is. But this routine happens over and over through the day and even at night they would sleep pretty good. This has changed me, and my attitude towards having twins! Not that I don't love them, you know what I mean! Before we'd just feed them when we thought they were hungry or got fussy, lay them down on the couch or where ever and they'd take cat naps, and put them to bed whenever too. I knew that they should at least be able to wait 3 hours to eat. Adam thinks he is ALWAYS hungry! I mean look at the kid, he's a monster now! ha sorry Adam but you have grow like a weed lately as you can see in these pictures!! He's a solid little boy, and just "feels" much heavier then Abby does! Even though I still feel like I'm loosing my mind sometimes... I don't feel like I am going to go CRAZY anymore! maybe this will only be for a short time, but hey I'm happy right now!
Parker was great, as he's our good little boy. He was helpful for the most part and I even got to play with him more, when they babies were sleeping and etc... We had a few of my friends come over with their kids during the day to play, and we always had a great time. Parker gets a little bored with just me and Adam and Abby sometimes so now he's always wanting a friend to play with. In his words, "someone MY size!" that's what he tells me. I can't say the week went PERFECT the whole time, but it was fun. I learned that instead of playing on the computer (which I probably do too much!) I had to decide to clean.. make dinner.. play with Parker.. or entertain Adam or Abby! I was WORN out at the end of each day that is for sure... I usually like "blogging" late at night but I just wanted to lay on the couch and relax! I'd make myself go to bed so I wouldn't be a zombie the next day! Also, my family was a HUGE help as well. Both my parents and Chelsi work during the day, but they would come over at night to help out. Just having them over and hanging out was fun for me so I wasn't bored! They are awesome and I appreciate them SO much!!! The BACHELOR and AMERICAN IDOL were a big hit at our house that week... well every week and GREY'S and PRIVATE PRACTICE to name a few (maybe I watch a little too much TV!?) but we are HAPPY that James is back with us, he had a great week selling in Kansas but we are glad he's home! Parker was excited to see him and now always him, "Are you going to work for a week dad?" too funny. But that was our week, my first time being home alone with 3 kids! Here are a few picures for our week:

Adam and Abigail did a lot of this...

Adam LOVED riding Parkers horse. This is me hold Adam up! funny, but he LOVES standing!

Parkeres new thing is making funny faces, he thinks he is hilarious!!

took a bath for the first time TOGETHER at my parents house (maybe that's weird but for one: it's hard to bathe them at the same time, and two: we don't have a bath tub at this house, just showers and one jetted tub in our bedroom so it's a little hard) this is the only NOT naked picture i took, James wouldn't post the others! for good reason that is

Parker LOVES playdough, and he got a fun little set for Christmas, he had a ball! Adam and Abigail also enjoyed watching him in their NEW BUMBO CHAIR (they have both loved it so far) James isn't happy that Adam sits in Abby's "pink'' chair... but hey we are trying one out first to see if they like it! haha


oh and I can't forget about my day at the the salon when James came home!! I got my hair colored by my sister Chelsi. YES I am now a brunette!! It doesn't look as dark in this picture as it really is, it's a big change for me, I was scared to go dark, but I am NOT a blonde anymore so I was sick of coloring it all the time! James likes me blonde so I was nervous... He wasn't sure at first but now he says he likes it!! THANKS CHELS! I love the color, it will take some getting used to on me though! I was going to go ALL one color, but she talked me into weaving it so its not such a drastic change, glad we did! She also gave me a pedicure and I will be getting a much needed massage this week! I told James when he leaves me, I in return get an hour massage at the spa! ha I'm good aren't I!?

one more thing... as of YESTERDAY my babies 4 months old!!! I can hardly believe it. I'll do a post about them soon, their doctor visit isn't until the 12th (doctor out of down!) so I'll probably update then when I get their stats!

19 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Isn't it the best when you get them on a schedule? I remember it made everything SO much easier for me. Your babies are so sweet and what a cute little ball of fire Parker is. Twins are so fun. I feel like mine have gotten easier and easier as they have gotten older. Glad you're doing so well.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are surviving and being productive at the same time! your kids are just too cute--adam is the spitting image of parker, i think.

McKinna said...

Super cute pics! they are getting so big! can't belive 4 months already!? So cute!
I LOVE your hair as well! you look great! I wanna go to the dark side as well... Josh likes me blonde tho!! I'm sick of all the coloring too and trying to keep it up... blah.

Unknown said...

First I love your hair! Totally cute! and second, you are amazing!! Good job at being single mom for a week!! That is awesome that you got them on a schedule! The smoother the better! I can't believe Adam and Abby are 4 months already! They are growing too fast!!! love you guys!

erica said...

cami...you are super mom!

Erin said...

they are getting sooo big!!! so cute!! i love the pics smiling in bumbo! you hair looks super cute too! lucky girl has a sister & mom that does hair & have a salon!!! so when can we come down & sp0end the night...then leave the boys with the kids & WE go to the salon??:)!!

RobJulsandKids said...

Your kids are so darling! I can't believe that your twins are 4 months now. Time goes by too quickly! It seems I get much more accomplished when Rob is out of town too. I don't know what it is, but I think that for me it's just that I know I have to do it by myself so I am not counting on that extra help. You will have to let me know where you got that pink chair. Well, I am now a follower of your blog!

Anonymous said...

your kids are adorale I can't believe you have three kids, and keep up with a blog Wow....

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Dang you are a strong women. Home with the twins and Parker by yourself... I don't know if I would dare. Sounds like you are a prop though. The twins are getting so big! They are looking so much alike to me now.

Also, is that a little Christmas tree still up next to the rocking horse? haha :)

Erin said...

Your twins are getting so big - well, not BIG, but you know when their skin lightens up, and they look less newborn. They are so cute.

2skokie2 said...

hey- it was so much fun playing that day! Let me know if you ever need anything. When you husband leaves ya again text me. We'd love to come visit again. And i'll get ya the good smoothie!! ha ha.. Oh and by the way i love your hair. It really is adorable! I get sick of blonde too, sometimes ya need a change- :) Take care

Brianna said...

I am loving your dark hair, it looks great on you!

CoUrT.n.JuS said...

Cami, IT is scary when your husband leaves, Justin had to go to Cali on a fire just 4 weeks after I had Cooper, Granted I didn't have twins but... I was so over welmed and he didn't have phone service so it was even more stressful knowing he was ok and safe! Needless to say he came home early. It is kinda funny how you get more done and on a schedule when husbands aren't around:) I do anyways! Looks like you did a GREAT job though It has got to be BUSY having 4 month old twins! BTW they are so cute

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Cami..oh my gosh, it is so good to hear from you! I am so excited!! Your life sounds pretty hectic with the TWINS, but you have such a positive attitude about it. My girls are only a year apart and I thought that was crazy, but I think you definitely have your hands full!!I think it's so awesome that you were coaching gymnastics and that you've stayed in touch with Keesha. I can't believe she is on a mission in Ukraine...crazy! Can you get me her address or contact info? You look so AMAZING and GORGEOUS as always and your family is adorable!!! I read that you might be going private, if so PLEASE send me an invite: tamarynn@yahoo.com. I had a private blog for about a year, then just made it my journal and have the blog you found as a public, but I think I might switch back to private...we'll see. Anyway, this is a novel so I better go. So good to hear from you!! Love ya!

The Damron's said...

Hey Cami,
Sorry I really am bad about blogging I would love to get together sometime. I have 6 weeks left until my baby comes so I need to let Cason play as much as I can, my number is 201-1738. Call anytime!

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

All I have to say AMEN Sister! YOu were smart to just get the one bumbo. My kids don't like them--well except for the 2 year old who thinks they're funny to stick to his butt. We always bath the girls together now. It's sooooo much faster. You're so lucky to have James around. I'm glad you can finally breathe. :) Now they get fun.

Karen Kunzler said...

Hey Cami, It is great to hear from you. I love your hair change. Glad your week went well. You are a daring mother to let your husband leave you. Steve may need to leave for work to California after I have this baby and it scares me to death. Lets keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought being home alone with one child was rough! Good for you. It sounds like you survived and even came out sane...that's is an achievement. Your babies are sooooo cute, and growing like weeds! (I'm sure i don't have to tell you that) I know all about the travelling daddy, scenario, SO if you ever have to vent, just let me know!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

You are a brave brave soul. Good job for surviving. I don't think I could do it with lance gone for a week even with help. Your little babies are getting so big. It's sad I haven't even seen them. Next time you come to Orem give us a call we would love to see you guys.