James' parents with Curtis drove down to Richfield to spend Saturday-Sunday with us. They arrived here late and Parker had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for them to come. He loves his uncle Curtis and he was excited for him to come hang out with him. Sadly, he had been sick for the last few days, so I knew he wasn't going to be his normal happy self, but I knew seeing Curt would make him happy. (hopefully) When they arrived, we sat around and talked for awhile which woke Parker up. It was funny, because Parker looked around, then scooted next to Papa (James' Dad) and sat by him and Papa put his arm around him and they just sat there watching TV for a bit. Then he started crying, walked over to me and said, "I wanted CURT"! The nice uncle that he is... he took Parker and held him wherever he wanted to go. They read books and played cars and then he even let Curtis put him to sleep. Curtis is such a great uncle and friend to Parker. It has been a difficult week for Parker; being so sick and all. He has had a fever for a few days, and has been just sad. I sure hope it goes away soon.
Our plan was to ALL go bowling but it was getting a little too late, and Abby had a HUGE blowout, (yeah it was gross) so James, Dad and Curt went by themselves. My family owns the bowling alley, so they were lucky enough to have the alley all to themselves. They left at about 11:30 and bowled for almost 2 hours. It was great fun for James to have his brother and dad there bowling. I guess they each won a game and then they kept playing and goofing around. I heard that they have even mastered bowling with their left hands. ha. James said that he was proud of his dad for staying awake till almost 2 in the morning. He said that he hasn't seen his dad stay up that late except for on Christmas Eve. It sounded like they all had a great time, and I hope that next time I might be able to go as well. (It will just have to be more in the afternoon for me). I will be honest, I was starting to get a little worried though that something had happened, since I didn't think they had 2 hours of bowling in them. I on the other hang, was still up because both Adam and Abby were NOT tired and just wanted to eat or be held. It's not easy trying to care for both needy babies at the same time! I managed though, and James took over when he got home and stayed up with them a bit longer while I went to sleep.
Sunday- We had stake Conference at 10am. It takes a bit to get ready to go anywhere at this house lately so lets just say... we made it on time and it was a miracle! The main problem was that Parker woke up still not feeling well, so I didn't know how he would do or if I should even take him with us to church. But it worked out, he said he was okay so we all went. It was a great conference, there were great talks given and we all really enjoyed it. The best part was that the twins slept the WHOLE time! We were pretty close to the front so I was worried that they
would wake up and start screaming, but they were great! After conference we made fajitas for dinner. We invited my parents over to join us so that was fun as we all got to hang out together. Parker and I made a cake for CURTIS, since it was his BIRTHDAY. Parker put on the candles all by himself and thought that was pretty fun (dipping his finger in the icing was especially fun as well!) We spent the rest of the day, relaxing, watching the movie Kung Fu Panda (great movie) and just took turns holding the twins as they are pretty popular these days! It was fun to have both grandparents there and spend a day with everyone.
Curtis- We wanted to give you a quick shout out, since you have turned a quarter of a century now, and wish you a very special birthday. Thanks so much for being such a great uncle and friend to our kids and to us. We love when you are able to come and visit, even if you just came down last weekend. We are all very proud of you and know that great things are in store for you. Parker, Adam, and Abigail are very lucky to have an uncle like you in their lives. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN CURTIS FROM ALL OF US.
I have to point out the wonderful cake we made! Parker put the candles on all by himself (if you can't tell... they are in clumped together in different places all over the cake!) Oh and my dad is there too, he is the one taking the group picture!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Last Weekend... AND A BIRTHDAY FOR CURTIS
Posted by Cami at 11:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That sounded like such a fun time for curt and his birthday. (of course like always, it made me home sick and wishing I was there. I agree with James, it is a rare occassion when my dad stays up that late.
I miss the twins! They are already so much bigger...but I am coming home Nov 24-Dec 3 and then again on Dec 12th. Can't wait to see you guys!!!
that's so much fun! how are you guys? miss seeing you!
I sometimes have a hard time doing a post a week now... how do you find time with three kids now? You're too good!
Sounds like a fun weekend. The twins are getting so big!
Happy belated birthday! Wow you look great Cami. You couldn't possibly have just had twins. You got lucky with your genetics that's for sure.
Post a Comment