Sunday, November 2, 2008

HaLLoWeeN WeEk

MONDAY: My sister Chelsi and my dad volunteered to watch ALL 3 KIDS while James and I went grocery shopping. Yeah we decided that this will be our date nights… going to Wal Mart without children… sad but true! Haha It was fun, but you shouldn’t go grocery shopping when you are hungry, we bought TOO much stuff! While we were gone, the twins were good and Chelsi and my dad made Halloween cookies with Parker. They had a great time decorating them and Parker was excited when we got home to tell us which ones he made and then we ate them! They are the best cookies ever (my mom’s recipe) THANKS DAD AND CHELSI


I think they had just a little fun decorating cookies!


TUESDAY: Chelsi, Parker and myself went to HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3! Yes we did and we all loved it! We’ve seen the first two and so we’ve planned on going when it hit the theaters! James volunteered to stay home and watch the twins along with Chelsi’s boyfriend Jake (it took some convincing as they really wanted to watch the show with us!!! Haha ) but we had lots of fun. Parker danced and sang to the songs it was hilarious! He got board during the slow parts and romance of Troy and Gabriel (of course I know their names!) but he did great and it was a fun night out!




WEDNESDAY: We had our Ward Halloween party! We had a great time, as our ward is very fun. They had a dinner, the kids wore their costumes, we even did an auction (which we came home with a couple cute items) and also games for the kids. Parker is Batman this Halloween and has LOVED wearing his costume. He wants to wear it everyday so it has been fun having him get so excited for Halloween. He tells everyone he sees that he is “BATMAN” and when we were at the church he saw another Batman and thought he was SO cool. He literally followed this boy around all night. He saw another one later on and came running to me, “ Mom, 2 batmans!" it was so funny. Of course there was a Spiderman, and other super heroes and these boys ran around together all night, it was a lot of fun. Parker was so amused by the other costumes and would laugh and tell me all about them. Chelsi came with us and it was fun to have her there, she went with Parker to get his face painted, I couldn't believe he sat so long but he thought it was awesome!




THURSDAY: My Dad called wanting to take Parker to the Pumpkin Patch so around 5pm he came and picked him up. They had a great time, riding the train and picking out a pumpkin. Parker loves his Papa and has so much fun with him. THANKS FOR TAKING HIM DAD



Later we went to a Halloween Party over at Cade and Chelsea Penny's house. We had a great time, eating pizza, cookies, and coffin ice cream sandwiches!! We played Rock Band for hours, the kids ran around their basement and had lots of fun. We had a boys band and a girls band and switched off throughout the night, we had a great time. THANKS CHELSEA AND CADE



FRIDAY: HALLOWEEN! We spend most of the day just relaxing hanging out with our kids (well not much relaxing.. I have found there is not much down time with 3 kids!) We were told that our neighborhood was the place to go trick or treating... so we were prepared with LOTS of candy. We bought 500 pieces at least! The doorbell started ringing around 4pm and DID NOT stop until 9:30 pm!!! It was a little crazy and after, we were proud that we had survived the Richfield Halloween! We had the doorbell ringing... both babies wanting to eat... then spiting up (more then usual) and also trying to get out the door to take Parker out trick or treating! It was quite the scene. It's so funny how we can just be doing nothing most of the day but then those few hours that you ARE needing to get things done, it seems impossible! Well it all worked out, I finally got Parker out and we went around to our neighbors and friends. One of the stops, I took him to Candis Hyde's Parents house, which is the COOLEST house in Richfield I might add. Really they are awesome and do crazy things to their house, her brother FREAKED me out, I honestly screamed! He was dressed up and I was standing there and all of a sudden he was in my face! They even invited us in for treats. They love halloween and WE love going to their house! I finally made it to my parents house by 8pm and Parker rang the doorbell and said "HAPPY HALLOWEEN" It was too funny, he actually said this at every door, he didn't like to say trick or treat he just wanted to wish them Happy Halloween! (Okay maybe cause we kind of made fun of how he says "trick or treat". He can't make out his "t's" so it sounded like frick or freat.. it really was funny!) Anyways, my mom (being sick and all ) still made her usual Apple cider and this year she made sloppy joes for us! They don't get very many trick or treaters (maybe 10 kids) as they live a little outside of town and also because there aren't alot of homes. We had fun and then I decided I better get back to James as I left him with our doorbell ringing non stop and both babies to care for! I know I'm a great mom. Okay I have a great husband that will let me do that, I love him. Well our Halloween was a blast we got the twins in costume as well, Adam was a pumpkin and Abby was a ghost (little onsies.. not much!) and Parker was the cutest BATMAN ever! he was so funny as he would tell everyone he saw what he was, he had a flashlight that had the bat sign when it would lite up and thought it was the coolest thing ever! It really was a lot fun this year with a 3 year old!

Our Family all dressed up! Don't you love James' pregnant belly costume holding our twins!?
okay we couldn't think of anything... but we thought it was funny


Katy and Emily came trick or treating at our house! Poor Katy broke her wrist last week so what better costume then be a mummy!!

THE BARNEY'S HOUSE... PARKER'S AND HIS BUDDY KESTYN


and THE BEST COSTUME GOES TO... OLD GRANDMA!
I thought this was awesome! He's a little boy in our neighborhood and I couldn't help but take a picture!

Didn't get to carving our pumpkins.. so we drew on them instead!!


TRICK OR TREATING AT PAPA AND NANA'S HOUSE!


OUr liTtle BaTmaN GhOst aNd PuMpKin KiDs


wow overload of pictures... but we had a great week filled with LOTS of fun :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Halloween! You guys sure know how to stay busy with 3 kids! Looks like you had a great week and your kids looked adorable! (I love the picture of your family all dressed up at your house and you can't see Parker's eyes. Cute and Funny)

McKinna said...

such cute costumes! we had the lil' ghost on our Dal to! It's adorable! ;) Sounds like a great week!! welcome to November!!

Erin said...

Hi! That maternity top is big! At least someone got some wear out of it! Looks like fun! Miss you guys! I found my slings!!!

Marion said...

K so every time I get on the "blog scene" I always make sure I look at yours to see what is being updated and the kids are so CUTE... You make it look like everything is so easy and going so smoothly... I know its probably not, but you are doing so good I'm amazed!!!
when i come to richfield I need to come and see you!!

Billy and Nikki said...

YOU DID NOT JUST HAVE TWINS! you look amazing little girl! Not to mention your adorable family.

Anonymous said...

I love the onsies...darling! I am glad that halloween was so filled with fun! Don't you just love grandparents. They are always a lifesaver. Parker looks like he is handling the big brother thing pretty well. Happy November.

The Brindley's said...

Looks like you had a fun-filled week. I felt overwhelmed trying to get Channer out the door trick or treating and handing out candy etc. I cannot imagine doing it with three kids. You are a great mom!! I miss Halloween in Richfield. I am hoping to go there next year though. Glad you had a great Halloween!

Dave and Natasha said...

Cute kids! I was going to comment earlier that you are lucky that you could leave all the kids with your dad and have a min away from them .... even if it is just to go shopping together! It's such a to do just to go anywhere with two car seats and one toddler!!! I haven't been able to leave mine with anyone but Dave because Jack won't take a bottle, so I either have to nurse, or just recently he has started eating rice cereal, so he can feed him that if he has to. Don't worry though, it DOES get easier!!! Mine now sleep 10-12 hours every night, so I don't feel so tired! That makes a huge difference!!! Also, they go longer during the day eating, but yes, it does seem like all you do is feed babies all day, especially at first! Mine are finally getting to the point where they can sort of entertain each other! They will look at each other and smile and laugh. I think as they get older it will be nice having two just for that reason! At least they will always have a friend to play with! Oh, and you had asked if they sleep in the same room... well, sorta. Jack always sleeps in his crib, but Aniston prefers to sleep in the swing, swinging or not, so we just put her in there, which is in our room, so most nights they don't sleep in the same room. On occasion Annie will sleep in the crib. I have just found what makes them sleep the longest and clung to that! Whatever it takes to get sleep for yourself makes it much easier to take care of them during the day so you aren't so tired!!! Don't worry though, soon enough they will both be sleeping longer and things will get easier! I hope things are going well for all of you!

P.S. I don't mind questions! I love looking at your blog and seeing how your babies are doing!

Jerrica Vaughn said...

OK, i LOVE YOUR BLOG, iTS OFFiCiALLY LiKE MY DAiLY NEWSPAPER THAT EVERYONE GETS, HA i READ iT LiKE EVERTDAY, AND YES, EVERY NEW ENTRY, i READ iT ALL! i LOVE iT, AND i FREAKiN WANT BRiNN TO HAVE KiDS (MELiSSA DOESN'T GET HERE TOO OFTEN, BUT i LOOVE SEEiNG HER KiDS WHEN SHE COMES..i AM AUNT JERR) LOVE iT! BUT UHH YES OF COURSE YOU CAN SET ME UP ON A DATE! i PRACTiCALLY BEGGED YOU TO, HA DONT TELL HiM THAT!!! LOVE YOU CAMi!

Mardi and Jeremey said...

Wow, what a fun week!! You look so good! I love the twins onesies and Parker looks awesome. He totally could have been in our super family for Halloween.

Spence & Rach said...

Cami, I didn't know you had twins!! I knew you were prego a while ago, but had no idea they were twins. 3 is busy, huh? But I didn't have 2 at a time, that's BUSY! You all look darling! I'm glad you saw my mom. I live in AZ now and couldn't watch it! BUMMER! Best of luck to your family. I'm glad to see you are all doing well.

Jen said...

haha, i LOVE walmart date night! we do that too..
you're babies are SO cute! i love that picture of them in their costumes.