Saturday, May 3, 2008

update....

YES we are still alive!! I seem to be good at doing these week updates because I haven't been so good at keeping up with my blog!
We have recently moved to Madison Wisconsin for the summer so we have been busy getting settled here. It is going great, other the the tornado warning we are watching on the news daily! Hopefully we don't have to worry about that, cause I have no CLUE what I would do. Maybe I should study up on that. Well before coming here, we were able to attend a few wonderful events.
First was my sister Kalei's endowment session at the Manti Temple on April 26th! It was a great night, she looked so happy and was glowing. James ended up being able to come as he had to change his flight so I was excited about that.
The next day which was Sunday, James' brother Dustin had his mission Farewell. I just have to say what an amazing talk he gave, I really was SO impressed and listening to him, I knew he would be a GREAT missionary. I already knew he would be it's just another reason. GOOD JOB DUSTIN
The last event we were able to attend was the WEDDING OF KALEI AND JAKE LUEKENGA!!!
YES they are finally married and WE are so happy for them. Their day couldn't have been more perfect. The ceremony was wonderful, pictures were fun (even though I had issues with my dress, as my belly had GROWN a bit, it worked out and I wasn't stressed about it anymore! Later they had a Luncheon at Memorial Grove and it turned out great as well. The food was good and it was followed by a great program with both families involved. They spoke of Kalei and Jake as we ALWAYS knew they would get married (after 7 years or so they figured it out!) but such nice things were said and I hope they had a great time themselves. They also showed their wedding video and it was awesome! Everything went so well and we all had a great time. Parker ran around with all the kids and had a ball. They were all dressed so cute, with Jake's nieces in beautiful dresses and the boys in slacks with cute vests on. It was so fun to see all the family and friends there to support them. I love these celebrations to come together and spend time with loved ones.
I just wanted to tell Kalei what an AMAZING job she did. She planned so much of this all by herself and I hope she was happy with the results! It was a wonderful day, and I'm sure it was the happiest day of her life! Her and Jake looked SO happy. They couldn't keep their eyes off each other (or lips!) but really I know they will be so happy and good to each other. I wish them both many years of happiness to come!
I LOVE YOU KALEI AND JAKE :)
I wish I could post some pictures, because they took so many great ones, but I didn't have my camera so I have to wait to get some from my family. I will soon though, don't worry!

1 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I'm glad you're all settled and having a great BUSY summer so far. Congrats Kalei! I wish I could have been there to see you! Cami - post pics soon! hehe :)

Also, happy anniversary! Sounds like you have a great guy! I'll have to meet him one of these days!