Saturday, September 18, 2010

HaPpY BiRthDaY GRaNdPa!!!

TODAY is my grandpa's 85th birthday.
I have so many memories with him, mostly when we were little, going up to fishlake, throwing rocks in the lake at the lodge, taking his boat out, him teaching me out to fish, and building forts at the cabin. Many more i'm sure, but I just love that we have always lived close. Close enough to visit, spend time with, and listen to stories of him growing up. He has always been such a great example, he lives the gospel to the fullest, he attends the temple regularly and loves his wife dearly. They live in Sunny St. George now and wish that we got down there more often... hopefully we will take a trip soon.
Parker likes to go play with all the "old" toys that they have kept all these years:)
Thanks for being the BEST grandpa ever and the BEST great-grandpa to my kids. WE all love you.

 Isn't he the CUTEST grandpa ever!? i think so
this was taken last year... but he still looks amazing at 85!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!
I just got off the phone with him, 
he was cleaning the church ON his birthday. 
what an example.
When i asked him how he felt being 85, 
he said, "Great, just more tired!"
he then said, "guess i earned it" 
i love him.

1 comments:

Heather Lee said...

That is so great that your kids get to enjoy him as well! He seems like a super guy, cleaning the church on his birthday! I have a hard time cleaning it on our designated week.
I totally cried reading Parker's birthday post! I'm glad you remind me to savor every momment...before I know it Holland will be 5. Parker is such a sweet little boy, I will always remember how concerned he is for you.