I have been calling Adam and Abigail "the twins" or "the babies" but today i realized that they aren't "really" babies anymore!!
i know that probably should have changed when they turned one but TODAY they both went to NURSERY for the FIRST time!!!!
i know they are only 16 months (that is crazy enough) but James and I both have teaching callings in our ward so it has become a little tough to juggle two kids during classes... so the nursery leaders were so KIND and let them come in a few months early!I have been fine with this as we've talked about it for the last month, until today. I dropped them off, of course they both went in, saw the TOYS and were FINE! haha So i left, went and taught my primary class and after came to check on them and again, and again. EVERY TIME i peaked in on them through the door, they were so happy and content
Snack time-they just both sat in the little chairs and ate their goldfish and other treats
Color time- they were STILL sitting in the little chairs and the leaders were helping them color
Playtime- they were both playing together (that doesn't happen too much lately) with this barn thing and all the animals
I just couldn't believe how well they were doing! they don't even sit for a second at home! Abby does like to be where everyone else is and I have actually took them into nursery before when i have given up sitting with them in class! I've seen Abby sit with the kids and want to be involved but Adam just likes to GO GO.
Peaking through the window was the "bittersweet" part... it was nice seeing them behave as i was worried about that part since they are too young to be in there. but then it made me realize my "babies" are GROWING UP!!!!
I won't lie.. it wasn't as stressful trying to keep them entertained for 3 hours (1 hour is still enough) now that they get to go to nursery i think church might start to be enjoyable again! but there was sadness as well, i am NOT ready for them to grow up!
we'll see how it goes but as of right now my babies are in NURSERY!!!!!
yes i tried to document today by taking pictures.. Abby just wanted to pull faces and Adam wanted to run away from me... taking pictures has become a task even I have veered away frompps... eleven o'clock church is NOT so fun for us. 9am was better (not lying) kids are grumpy during this time but what can you do! we still come home to everyone taking naps!!





8 comments:
part of me is looking forward to nursery, part of my wants to cray. i'm in primary too and it is so hard to keep them entertained every second.
thanks for your nice comment - we are really excited to have another rug rat around.
9 is much better than 11, I agree! Your 'babies' are growing up so fast and they are so stinkin' cute! I'm glad they like nursery!
Oh we loved that ward! They were probably so excited that you were even considering letting them go to nursing early because they all love to play with those twins!!!
I can't believe they are in nursery already! That is crazy..they are growing so fast. We have 1:00 church now and it is the WORST time ever.
Ya, what do we call them now? I always call mine the "babies" too. Yours have grown up so much lately! It always seemed like the age difference was pretty noticable, but now yours seem like they are just the same as mine! It goes too fast! I'm a little worried though because people keep telling me that between now and three is the hardest time and I'm not excited to see more of their tantrums come out! We've seen enough of that already to know we don't want it... lets just go back a few months and stay that way!
I think all kids should go in at 16 months. Josie did because I was teaching and Tyler was working out of town. And she handled it so much better. Once they turn 18 months they know you are abandoning them for a while. I promise it's easier when they love it. Josie struggled when we moved and that made it hard on me. They are so cute.
Yay for nursery. I am glad they loved it.
Nathan did great his 1st week (2 weeks ago). Not so much today. But, I'm dealing with the same issue - 11 o'clock church. He is sooo flipping tired. He's down to one nap a day and he goes down at 12:30-1:00. So, let's just say after a while of crying in the leaders arms today I made the decision to ditch and leave! haha :)
Post a Comment