Sunday, April 19, 2009

PARK CITY FUN

We just got back from a FUN weekend in Park City! James got home Wednesday from being away working for 2 weeks so we spent the weekend at the Mountainside Marriott with James' family. It was very RELAXING and it was fun to spend time with everyone!
I drove through a snow blizzard on Wednesday, i HATE driving in the snow, it scares me to death (have i mentioned that's why I want to move to st. George!? well it is!) I stopped in Provo to meet up with my friend ERICA for lunch. We haven't seen each other for awhile so it was fun to see her and catch up. James and her husband Shawn worked together for a summer. Then I went and picked James up from the airport and we headed to Park City.
The rest of the weekend we went SWIMMING in the morning, and late at night... we ate great FOOD prepared by James' mom, we went SHOPPING and spent too much money! Gosh it gets expensive having 3 kids! it was so fun hanging out in the room with James' parents Mark and Janeen, his sister Natalie and her husband Chris and James' brother Curtis. They are all so fun and we love spending time with them. Parker was SO excited to see them and just wanted to PLAY PLAY AND PLAY. Parker is into "SUPER HEROES" right now, so pretty much the whole weekend he was telling everyone who they were. I would say hi to Chris and Parker would correct me and tell me his name wasn't "chris" it was batman! everyone else was a different super hero! funny boy I'll tell you, he has quite the imagination.
James' mom put on a EASTER EGG hunt for parker and then had cute baskets for Parker, Adam and Abby with lots of fun things and candy in them. It was so cute, and Parker had fun finding all the eggs. Easter is such a fun time, and it was fun to celebrate it with James' family as well.

We watched a lot of PLANET EARTH DVDs (if you haven't seen them, they are amazing) and we just hung out and talked together. A few of them went SNOWBOARDING one of the days (James and I didn't plan well, We forget our snow gear... I've never gone before and James had been wanting to go forever, having kids makes that difficult. but having the ski lifts right outside our hotel window would have been fun...next time i guess!!
we fought with Parker to eat his food the whole weekend, not that is a new thing or anything, we just are trying to make him eat (yes I can be honest and say that our child does NOT like to eat, that might sound weird but he really doesn't! he fights us everyday and could live on chocolate milk but if you have seen him, the boy needs to eat!) I could do a whole post on Parkers eating habits so I won't talk about it right now, all I can say is that it STRESSES me out!! He is such a GOOD boy but a HORRIBLE eater!
anyways, THANKS Mark and Janeen for a WONDERFUL weekend, we had a great time!

It was a bit COLD outside for swimming, but we had fun in the hot tubs! Yes Parker is eating snowballs while sitting in the hot tub! He loves eating snow. We only took the babies down for a little bit and we dressed them warm while watching Parker swim! maybe next time they can try out the water~One afternoon I went out on a walk with Parker and started snapping pictures! (I know, not a new thing) but he kept smiling and posing for me and it was so cute.
I LOVE THIS KID:)



Playing CHESS
and shopping at
the OUTLETS!




James and I also went to lunch with our good friends Erin and Isaac and their 2 cute kids! It was good to see them and we ate at a fun little place called SQUATTERS (funny name, I'd say!) but it was pretty good food and we had a fun time hanging out. Erin- I'll be looking forward to your visits during the summer when our husbands are out working and they leave us with our crazy kids... come anytime!!!
oh and I ran into an old family friend at the resort, the last day we were there, Joe Atkin and his family. It was so fun to see them, and we all talked for a couple hours while they met our twins and Parker played with their little boy! It was so fun to see them as we've kept in touch with them over the years.
We love PARK CITY and can't wait until the next vacation there!

7 comments:

Elisa said...

I really love the picture of Adam and Abi sitting next to each other in the high chairs. She is so petite and such a little girly-girl and Adam is such a little football player! He's huge compared to her. (I bet you get this all the time, but everyone always has to ask me if my babies are twins because the boy just looks 4 months older than the girl! Ha Ha!)

Unknown said...

It looks like SO much fun! Adam and Abby have changed SO much! Thanks for sharing the pictures, it makes me home sick! But I am glad you all had a fun time!!

Billy and Nikki said...

i wish we could have hung out. i was out of town. looks like you guys had a ton of fun.

Brittany Adamson said...

Your so sweet for saying hello... of course I would love to stay in touch. You are such a sweet girl and your babies are darling. I can't believe we are old enough for you to have 3 already... maybe one day for me right??? Well girl have a wonderful night and do keep in toucy:) ~Britt

Megan said...

how fun. i love park city. send me an e-mail with your phone # and i'll call you next time we go to the park. meganbeynon2002@yahoo.com

Liz said...

I love that place. I especially love the swimpools

Looks like a fun vacation!

Karen Kunzler said...

Sounds like you had some much needed relaxation. I can't believe how much Abby and Adam have grown. I love the newborn stage, but then again they do just keep getting more and more fun!!!!