The news about President Hinckley came to us the day we left for our cruise. It was by word of mouth so James and I tried calling our families. The news was finalized and I had so many thoughts come to my mind. He was such a great man and his smile and waving of his cane will forever be remembered. As sad as the news was all I could think about was that we was back with his SWEETHEART and what a grand reunion that must have been!!
He taught us so much and I will continue trying to do as he has asked. It was hard being away after we heard the news because James and I weren't able to see all the news broadcasts, tv tributes from so many others of his journey here on this earth. Since we have been home, we have been able to get on the internet. Thank heavens for the internet sometimes! I have seen many great slideshows and news about him. There were so many but I'd like to share one of the slideshows of a tribute of our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. Just watching this, shows that he was a man of integrity and faith along with such a great sense of humor! I always loved him and he'll always be, MY PROPHET.
He taught us so much and I will continue trying to do as he has asked. It was hard being away after we heard the news because James and I weren't able to see all the news broadcasts, tv tributes from so many others of his journey here on this earth. Since we have been home, we have been able to get on the internet. Thank heavens for the internet sometimes! I have seen many great slideshows and news about him. There were so many but I'd like to share one of the slideshows of a tribute of our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. Just watching this, shows that he was a man of integrity and faith along with such a great sense of humor! I always loved him and he'll always be, MY PROPHET.
Also we were forwarded the "HINCKLEY CHALLENGE" and as a family we've decided take on the challenge. We are starting it tonight. James asked me if I wanted to do it and I have to be honest... Yes I read my scriptures, but I am confessing right that sadly, I have NEVER read the Book of Mormon cover to cover. I have been really excited about this challenge. It is going to be hard at the same time to finish it in 97 days. He did so much and taught us so many great and marvelous things that I'd like to do this for him. This is what the challenge said:
President Hinckley often stressed our making the Book of Mormon part of our lives. He was 97 when he passed away, and we would like to celebrate his life and teachings by reading the Book of Mormon in 97 days.
President Gordon B. Hinckley on the Book of Mormon
"I take in my hand the Book of Mormon. I read its words. I have read Joseph Smith's explanation of how it came to be. To the unbelieving it is a story difficult to accept, and critics for generations have worn out their lives writing books intended to refute that story and to offer other explanations than the one given by Joseph the Prophet. But to the open-minded, this critical writing has only stimulated them to dig deeper; and the more deeply they dig, the greater the accumulation of evidence for the validity of Joseph Smith's story. Still, as has been demonstrated for a hundred and fifty years, the truth of the Book of Mormon will not be determined by literary analysis or by scientific research, although these continue to be reassuring. The truth about the origins of the Book of Mormon will be determined today and tomorrow, as it has been throughout the yesterdays, by reading the book in a spirit of reverence and respect and prayer."
( "Praise to the Man," Ensign, Aug. 1983, 4)
"I take in my hand the Book of Mormon. I read its words. I have read Joseph Smith's explanation of how it came to be. To the unbelieving it is a story difficult to accept, and critics for generations have worn out their lives writing books intended to refute that story and to offer other explanations than the one given by Joseph the Prophet. But to the open-minded, this critical writing has only stimulated them to dig deeper; and the more deeply they dig, the greater the accumulation of evidence for the validity of Joseph Smith's story. Still, as has been demonstrated for a hundred and fifty years, the truth of the Book of Mormon will not be determined by literary analysis or by scientific research, although these continue to be reassuring. The truth about the origins of the Book of Mormon will be determined today and tomorrow, as it has been throughout the yesterdays, by reading the book in a spirit of reverence and respect and prayer."
( "Praise to the Man," Ensign, Aug. 1983, 4)
Anyone that wants to participate is welcome too. You can go to this website and set up an account: http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/




1 comments:
Isn't it crazy, it doesn't seem real. It think it won't hit me until the next General Conference. I'm so sad I missed your call (I got your email the night you left). I need to get a new phone bad! Ever since I dropped it in the toilet it just hasn't been the same! Go figure right?! Don't give up on me. Call me when you are in town again. Hey where did you get your cute background? I really need to update mine, everybody has these cute blogs!
Post a Comment