After spending time with James' Family we drove down to Richfield for Christmas day to be with my family. We left Orem around noon because we wanted to get there before Kayson and Jakelle left to go back to St. George. They were patient and waited for us. As we got there we wanted to exchange presents but first my Dad sent us on a scavenger hunt! It took us all around the house to different clues but ended with the surprise and it said something like this:
ALL EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO PALM SPRINGS CALIFORNIA
LEAVING DATE: DECEMBER 26
RETURNING DATE: DECEMBER 30
We couldn't believe it I was practically screaming as I read it (my family had already been on the hunt but James and I weren't there earlier so he set it up again) My mom and dad both said well... hope you brought your swimming suit cause we are leaving tomorrow!!! They kind of knew that we were planning on staying in Richfield for a few days so that's how that got away with surprising us! It was awesome and we were all excited to go. Jarick wasn't going to be able to come because his flight left from Salt Lake on that Thursday but the rest of us did, namely: Mom, Dad, Jakelle, Kalei, Chelsi, James, Parker and myself. Kayson had a family 4-wheeling trip two days of it so he meet us in Palm Springs for the last few days. For the rest of Christmas Day we hung out as a family, opened each others presents and just relaxed. Oh our favorite gift we received from my parents was a huge picture of the Manti Temple!! It is a beautiful and we love it! It's now hanging in our front room. Parker was spoiled by Grammy and Papa as well, loving all his presents he got from them! We had a amazing Prime Rib dinner prepared by my mom along with lots more great food. We can't forget the homemade chocolates that followed, my mom made them herself and they are to die for! Later we went over to Mike and Cyndi Jorgensen's house to hang out with them, played Katie's Wii that she got and then all went bowling for a couple hours! I called my friend McCall Christensen and she met us there, it was fun to chat with her, I love her to death! Parker loves to bowl and he ran around like a crazy man because we were the only ones at the bowling alley. Well Christmas Day was eventful, spending the morning with James' family then driving down to Richfield to be with my family. I'm sad that Christmas is over because I love singing songs about our Savior, reading stories of His life and trying to better emulate Him. I want to try to continue to have the Christmas spirit with us through out this New Year!



2 comments:
you guys were busy! that is a lot of traveling! does parker do good in the car? he is so cute!my mom said she left u a message on here somewhere but then she couldnt find it. funny so what are you coming for next week?
Palm Springs! How fun! That'd be the best Christmas surprise ever! I'm sure you guys had an absolute ball. Your Christmas sounded great!
Post a Comment