Sunday, August 1, 2010

canal walk

James and I (mostly me) needed to get out of the house tonight so we thought to just take a drive with
the kids! that short drive turned into... an adventure to downtown Indianapolis!!!
we had heard about the canal walk, and I have wanted to go to downtown Indianapolis, so we did! we
found it on our gps and away we went! It turned out to be so fun! We parked at the history museum and then walked the canal walk. There were people everywhere... on bikes, Segways, people running, walking, and then there were of course the paddle boats!!
The twins hung out in the stroller and Parker walked along the bank talking to EVERYONE! he is quite funny, sometimes he is shy but tonight he wasn't! Always saying, oh look people on that boat, or look there is a runner, or look mom a STRAGE bike! haha. there were these bikes that had 4 people on them but it was more like a golf cart than a bike not sure how to explain that but they were pretty cool.
It was a beautiful night, come to think of it, it wasn't humid at all! weird! that is why it was SO nice! It has rained pretty much all weekend so i guess that helped but it was so fun and the kids had a great time!

passing the COLTS stadium on our way into downtown...
too bad they are in training right now, a game would have been fun
James and the kids on the Canal Walk

Parker and i walking along together...
Parker especially enjoyed our night
everything was so interesting and fun to look at
fun waterfalls everywhere...
kids had fun running around
feeding the ducks
they sure loved cherrios! (we didn't have bread)
adam and abby liked the cheerios as well, as they ended up in their mouths rather than the duck's

Segway riders... 
Abby and me, hanging out:) 
she's such a mama's girl and i love it!
parker had to go potty (of course, every time we are out-and-about this kid has to pee) 
we looked everywhere and came upon a port-a-potty
we told him that was the bathroom and he said, what a "strange" bathroom!! haha
first experience with one...
couldn't resist....
sorry if any of you travel with your kids by "leash" 
(not trying to offend you, i really don't care if you do)
but every time i see this, it makes me laugh so hard!
it probably does work! adam and abby might stay close to me!
but i couldn't use one.
(yes this is a random person)

Me asking parker to smile for one more picture! ha. guess he was done.
he later said to me, I'm still sad mom, do you know why?
no parker why? i wanted to ride the paddle boat!
oh poor guy, so sorry. maybe next time
(we were already by our car)
what a fun outing... maybe we'll be sad to leave Indianapolis! maybe

sidenote: still trying to not think about it, but our camera is M.I.A. 
when i can come to terms that it is "gone" maybe I'll write about it.
guess i shouldn't have said my new iphone will be my new camera. 
i didn't mean that literally. 
 right now i'm still sick about it.

5 comments:

The Brindley's said...

That looks so fun! Random outings are the best. I love that you took a picture of a random person with the leash. I am with you on that hahaha, although some days I wish I had a way to contain my youngest who is crazy, bu I would never use a leash lol. Cute pics of your kids and I hope you find your camera.

Erin said...

we tried a leash, and all they do is pull your arm out of socket & tug at the strap...also drop to the floor if they get running to fast & you don't catch up with them. i said i'd never use one, but then i had noah:).

canal walk looks like fun! sorry about your camera... i bet james did something to it;).

Ela and Daniel Asisi said...

Cami, what a cute blog and what a cute family you have! We've come a long way haven't we?!? I love these pictures and I agree with you on the leash bit, I just can't use one.

*~JaLyne~* said...

Looks like a great night you had as a family. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I bet your mom sure misses them. Be safe and take care.

cindy said...

My last camera even had may name and address inside a pocket. Maybe that would help--only if it was lost!