SO... if you read the post below, you would have known that it was James' Birthday. well.. it was but it turned out a little different then we expected. We had planned on going to a movie together, but instead we ending up at the ER with our little Adam. A little more insight: Well Adam started getting a little sick the night before but we thought he just had a cold and a little cough. So I kept a close eye on him and hoped he would get better. He was still smiling at us and still happy, but every so often he would have the saddest look on his face. He sounded hoarse when he was trying to laugh or jabber. despite all of this, he slept really good, but would wake up sad and crying (well trying to cry, he was so quiet cause his voice was so raspy) it started to get worse last night and it looked like it was hard to breath. So tonight Adam started coughing hard and he wasn't able to catch his breath very well after, so I became worried... I called my Aunt, Cyndi Jorgensen, right away!! She is the best, and is always willing to help out. She came right over and checked him out. She is a nurse and teaches other nurses now, so she watched his chest and it looked like he was tight and really constricted and trying to breath so she thought we should take him in, to at least have a breathing treatment done. So with the help of my family, who stayed to watch Abigail and Parker (who are totally fine, no problems) James and I headed to the ER! All I can say is that going to the ER is NEVER fun. It was so sad watching them prick my little boy for blood, take X-rays on a freezing cold table, and do a breathing test where they had to stick a tube down his nose (he did NOT like that part) So after a few tests, we find out that our poor little guy has BRONCHITIS
He is such a tough little boy, but his eyes seemed to say, what the heck is happening to me?!! All I want is to feel better and all these doctors are torturing me..well the good new is that his stats were fine: oxygen level: 97 (under 90 they would have admitted him) and his RSV test came back negative and he is eating normal (obviously they weren't worried about that!) but it might be a long few days, they say about 5 to 6 days till he is fully better. The doctor did prescribe some medicine for him, some type of steroids to open his airwaves. I hope it helps and Adam gets better soon.. i mean, there are some great basketball games coming up and I don't want to miss them..haha
What I learned from this experience is: It's better to be safe then sorry!
I don't know about you.. but I NEVER know when to take my kids to the doctors. First of all Parker never got sick, he's only been to the doctors for his annual checkups so when it comes to this stuff I have no clue. We were looking up on line about RSV and other viruses but it says to take them in when they have a high fever, coughing up mucus or something, but Adam didn't show any of theses symptoms, other then he sounded wheezy and had a cough occasionally. His wheezing and coughing did seem to increase just before going to the hospital and, of course, at the hospital. So after all the tests and treatments, Adam is doing better. He is breathing better and he slept really good last night as well. but we are going to be taking it easy with him.. So guess we'll stay inside for a bit. It will be interesting with twins to see if Abby or ever Parker gets it. It's a contagious virus, but in a family setting there isn't really a way to prevent anyone else from getting it, so we'll see. Hopefully no one else gets sick and we find ourselves in the ER again, and I do hope Adam gets better fast, so we get our happy ADAM back!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Trip to the ER :(
Posted by Cami at 12:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Poor Adam. Sick babies are no fun! Hope he is all better and stays that way!
So, what is Kalei having? UPDATE SOON!
wow--glad that all worked out and that he is doing better. i totally agree with the better "safe than sorry" rule. sick babies can be scary.
How did I not hear about this sooner. Next time...I am on the list of people to inform when this sort of stuff happens. :) Anyways, i am glad Adam the Tank is doing better. Brochitis is scary. We will keep praying for the little guy! Love you guys!
poor little boy! I'm so glad he's ok. i hate the ER but im sure glad it's available.
it's always scary having a sick little one. and hospitals are never fun. so glad he's home & on the mend. and let's pray no one else gets it!
Cami...how scary!! I'm glad they were able to find out what was wrong with him. We had to take Brecken in about 3 weeks ago and they did the same thing...the x-rays and tube down the nose! I hope he gets better so you can come to the b-ball games, ha, ha!
ohhh poor lil' guy! I hope he gets better ASAP! That is just to sad when they are that little....
Post a Comment