Thursday, February 19, 2009

CAMERA

I'm looking for a new camera to BUY! I know nothing about cameras but just want a nice, not "too" expensive, takes good pictures kind of a camera!! haha I want it to take pics fast, and have great clarity. I take LOTS of pictures, and feel like my old one doesn't do justice! maybe what I really need is photography lessons! Anyways... Soon or in the near future I want to get a new camera! I don't want it to be really big either, if you have any suggestions, or if you LOVE your camera, PLEASE let me know! THANKS

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok, here's my suggestion. If you want a less expensive but still way nice camera, I totally recommend the higher-end Canon Powershots. I had one before I upgraded to an SLR camera, and it was fabulous. And the movies it takes are awesome! And really, for the price, I don't think you can find a nicer camera.

SO, if you want the nicest Canon Powershot, I would go with the Canon Powershot G10 (http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-G10-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B001G5ZTPY/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235096651&sr=8-1). It is almost 15 megapixels (!) and has some amazing features. And you can take pictures fairly quick, although not as quick as with an SLR.

If you dont want to spend $400, I would go with the Canon Powershot SX10IS (http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-SX10IS-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B001G5ZTZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1235096651&sr=8-3). Still a WAY nice camera.

These cameras are quite a bit cheaper than SLRs. SLRs have better lenses and you can take a lot of pictures quicker, but they are more expensive and don't have features like movie modes.

Sorry, this was a huge comment. Hope it helps though! You can email me if you have questions.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I agree with Kristen... we now have a SLR though. I LOVE LOVE our SLR! They are totally worth in investment.

If you get a SLR go for the Canon 30/40/or 50D! We have the 30D. The 40D and 50D came out after we got ours.

Jess said...

I have the Canon 20 D It came out before the 30D even. And I still love it! It is big, and expensive, but I love the quality, and the fact that it can take 4 pictures per second. If you want something smaller, go with what Kristen said, I'm pretty sure any of the canons will do awesome. Although nothing will compare to an SLR ....


Good Luck! I hope you find exactly what you are looking for!

kalei and jake said...

Sorry I know nothing about cameras, but I just wanted to say thanks for being such a great sister! I feel honored to be part of your blog by the way, thanks! :) I'll be coming to you a lot now for even more advice because you're such a great mom. YOU'RE THE BEST CAM! LOVE YA

Cami said...

thanks for the comments about the cameras you guys are awesome! I will do my homework now! :)