Saturday, October 4, 2008

BIRTH OF OUR TWINS

For journal purposes... this will be long. You're welcome to read it but you DON"T have to either!
Here is goes....
5 am came early, as we woke up to get ready to be at the hospital at 5:30am Thursday, September 25th. We took Parker to my parents house the night before so they could watch him and bring him to the hospital once the twins were born. On our way to the hospital, there were so many thoughts going through my head, but mainly just that I couldn't believe it was already here. First that this day had FINALLY came and we would have our twins in only a couple hours. I went to Labor and Deliver and they got my prepped to go into surgery. They monitored the twins for a little bit, explained to me what is going to happen in the O.R. and then put a catheter in..... yeah all I can say is that was a little weird!! Well they then wheeled me down to the O.R. room in a wheelchair. Going through a few sets of BIG doors, I started getting nervous, and then into a huge room with a table in the middle. It was weird to realize this is it, in no time my little boy and girl will come into this world. I had my epidural put in by an Anesthesiologist, he was great, and made me feel so comfortable. It was a little crazy, because as I was laying there, the anesthesiologist kept pinching me on my sides asking if it felt dull or sharp. I got worried when I could still feel the dull ones after awhile but then I was feeling really numb so I began to feel better! Then they painted my belly (prepped for surgery) and right before they were ready they went and got James. He came in and sat by me and held my hand. I felt better once he was in there, I was nervous being there by myself. Well the doctor said he was ready.... within minutes, they said, "here comes the boy" and one minute later, "here comes the girl" I heard crying... and more crying. But I can not express how I felt at that moment. Tears kept rolling down my face, and I couldn't believe we finally had our twins. It hit me right then as they said baby #2 was out, that we really have two! haha not sure if it will 'really' ever sink in but it was crazy to hear both of them. They told us we better get used to hearing that noise! Well I stayed in the O.R. for a while as they had to sew me back up! James took the twins to the waiting room, as my mom and Chelsi were there waiting to see them! As I laid there, I just couldn't believe everything that was happening, it felt like a dream. I started to get the shakes pretty bad, and also my shoulders started hurting. I asked the anestisist if it was normal and he said yes and that it was air that was going up through my body. So that bothered me a bit so I was hoping it wouldn't last long because it was actually painful. The whole thing was a little crazy, the c-section I mean. It was crazy that I couldn't feel ANYTHING from the epidural but I could feel the pulling and pushing as they were getting the twins out! It was actually a pretty cool feeling. It's mind boggling how they perform this and then to have the incision so small and have babies come out, is just crazy. It finally came time to go to my recovery room. I go in and all my family was there, it was fun to see Parker looking at his new brother and sister. Funny story behind that: As my surgery was scheduled early, Parker is NOT an early riser. My mom and Chelsi wanted to be there when the twins arrived so my Dad said he would wait for him to wake up and then he would bring Parker to the hospital. Well I guess he was a little too anxious and showed up with Parker in his pajamas and no shoes on just in time as James walked into the room!!!
That is the delivery story... I was a bit nervous to do the c-section, I must admit, but my doctor was wonderful and the whole O.R. team made me feel so comfortable and talked me through the whole process. They were great. The best part of my experience of having surgery, was from the minute they started cutting, to having both my babies out. was under 10 minutes! That made it all worth it. To know they were here safely and healthy, felt amazing and now I just have to worry about how to survive with the two of them and my Parker man!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's such a sweet post--it made me all teary-eyed. glad everything went well. i love birth stories and it was fun to read about your experience. congratulations!

Anonymous said...

You are so so so lucky...twins! A boy & a girl and they are perfect & adorable!!!!!!! Congratulations! Big hugs! xo

Erin said...

You totally made me cry too! It's so awesome that you are documenting your blog like a journal. And have pics from the surgery room too! Wish I did! Brought back lots of memories. I can't say it enough... they are so stinking adorable, you are so blessed & we can't wait to see you guys!!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

The shakes was for sure the worst part of my C-Section. SOOOOO ANNOYING! I'm glad the twins are FINALLY here and healthy! Love ya!

Dave and Natasha said...

I also got a little teary-eyed reading that! It's so good to hear that it went so smoothly! I remember getting the shakes really badly after having my kids too... With the twins I got mine that first night, like 12 hours after they came, I thought something was really wrong because I just COULD NOT get warm! I was huddled in bed all night long and thought I would shake myself to death! It's kinda scary! And besides that I was all alone in my room and the nurse took FOREVER to come in and check on me after I had called her. It wasn't like the shakes with Aaralyn, it was like freezing shakes! Very annoying!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you wrote this post! I totally cried reading it. Thanks for sharing! These two little adorable angels are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. Can't wait to see you guys in about 2 weeks! Love you Cami!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing, that was neat to hear your story, and they will love to know how you felt, and what happened someday. I am glad that you are all healthy, I hope you are able to get some rest, you probably need it.

The Platts said...

We are so excited for you guys! They are both absolutely beautiful. There's nothing better then newborn babies! We hope to be able to meet them in person some day, before they're too big!